KRUPS Egg Cooker F23070 Review
With its large capacity and sleek design the KRUPS F23070 Egg cooker is a leading egg cooker in the market and makes it into our Top 3 Egg Cookers of 2017.
Without any fuss the KRUPS F23070 will cook up to 7 eggs to exact ‘doneness’ you desire whether soft, medium or hard boiled.
An popular model among users the F23070 has clocked up over 2000 user reviews on Amazon with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Avg. User Rating
Features and Benefits
Boils up to seven eggs
The reasonable capacity of this cooker means you can easily prepare eggs for a small family breakfast.
Two poaching trays
The plastic inserts for poaching eggs work great and eggs come out easily once cooked.
Water level indicator
Easily use the correct amount of water needed to get the consistency you enjoy by using the convenient water level indicator.
Use the dual switch to keep eggs warm once they are cooked so they are still warm when your serving them to eat.
You no longer have to continuously watch a pan of boiling water so you can get on with other work, you just have to wait for the timer to alert to the end of the cooking cycle.
Easily pierce the eggs using the supplied piercer instead of trying to use a knife.
- Eggs are perfectly cooked.
- Egg cracking is extremely rare in comparison to boiling.
- The cooker will not heat up the entire kitchen.
- The cooker is easy clean, inside and out. The top and rack are dishwasher safe.
- The measuring cup fits inside for storage.
- Easy remove eggs using the holder.
- Cord wraps around unit for storage.
- If your not quite ready for the eggs the cooker also has a keep warm feature.
- The cooker is compact doesn’t take up much shelf space.
- A loud buzzer will sound when the eggs are done.
- The cooker does not have an automatic shut off however the buzzer is loud enough for you to hear it on the other side of the house.
If your not a fan of boiled eggs then those of you who prefer poached eggs will be glad that you have the option to poach up to 2 eggs at a time using the supplied tray.
KRUPS appliances are always pleasing to the eye at this cooker is a great addition to their range. The modern, stylish appearance and compact design could make the F23070 a permanent fixture on your worktop.
The Krups F2307051 Egg Cooker has a calibrated water-level indicator that allows you to pour the exact amount of water needed. A Signal indicates end of cooking cycle so eggs are not overcooked. Cleaning the appliance could not be easier as both the Lid and egg holder are dishwasher safe for quick clean up.
The KRUP is has a Dual switch to easily alternate between boiling and the keep warm setting. To cool eggs quickly before serving it comes with a removable egg holder.
It is great at cooking perfect eggs; either hard boiled or poached. It is Not a large sized appliance so can easily be store when its not in use. Built to be compact the cooker does not take up much counter top space and has a modern design.
A great design feature is the handle on the side of the appliance. When the buzzer sounds, you will easily be able to pick up the cooker using the handle and move the hot eggs to the faucet and cool them by running them under cold water, so you do not risk burning your hands.
- Cooks up to 7 eggs at a time
- Cooks hard-boiled, soft-boiled, or poached eggs and omelets;
- Dual switch for boiling and keeping warm
- 2 poaching trays included
- Measuring cup
- Removable egg holder allows you to cool eggs easily
- 2-year worldwide warranty
The KRUPS Egg Boiler F2307051 has been reviewed by over 2000 customers on Amazon and has been given a rating of 4.4 out of 5.0.
The overall impression you get from user reviews is that the Krups Egg cooker is easy to use and cooks eggs consistently good every time.
It was a great price and is just perfect!
Jennifer Williamson, Amazon Customer Review
“I bought this egg cooker so my husband could have his favorite breakfast for his first fathers day, eggs Benedict. He was so excited. They turned out great! He now uses the cooker in the morning to poach eggs. I like it for hard-boiled eggs. They turn out perfect, no green yolks!
“The poaching cups are a little odd being oval so your poached eggs are long and thinner than what you would expect, but it really doesn’t bother us. I love how small the unit is and how the cord wraps around the base. It was a great price and is just perfect! “
I’m buying another one for my mom
D Kaley, Amazon Customer Review
“I love hard boiled eggs. I used the poached trays once and they did a perfect job. This thing does what it’s meant to do. I like the loud buzzer people complain about- are they napping while the eggs are cooking? If that’s the only complaint, they won’t be happy with anything. I’m buying another one for my mom. She still boils eggs in a pan!“
…worth every penny if you like boiled or poached eggs
, Amazon Customer Review
“I figured I was being pretty frivolous, getting an egg cooker, of all things. However, this is a WONDERFUL gadget! It cooks the eggs perfectly, however you like them. I always had trouble getting them just right in a pan. I
can walk away & do something else because when it is finished it has a LOUD buzz that doesn’t stop until you turn it off. The poached eggs are good too, and the dishes are so easy to clean! This is well worth every penny if you like boiled or poached eggs.”
KRUPS Egg Cooker Instructions
Before you start cooking, ensure you have everything you need. In the box you should have the egg cooker, 2 poaching trays, egg tray and measuring cylinder.
Boiling Eggs Instructions
Ensure you use the egg cooking tray when boiling the eggs (the tray is picture below)
- Plug the power cord into the power socket.
- Removed the lid and egg cooking tray.
- Using the supplied measuring cylinder, measure the amount of water you want base on whether your cooking soft, medium or hard boiled eggs.
- Pour the measured water into the base.
- When placing the tray onto the base ensure the handle on the tray aligns with the handle on the base. They should fit snugly together.
- Before you place the eggs into the tray you will need to pierce the narrow side of each egg. You can use the piercing tip on the base of the measuring cylinder to do this. Ensure you place the pierced side of the egg towards the lid of the cooker.
- Place the lid onto the cooker.
- Use the dial on the front of the unit to switch it on.
- A buzzer will sound when the eggs are cooked.
- Before removing the eggs ensure the cooker is turned off.
For extra safety the power cord wraps around the base so ensure you do this when you are finished cooking.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to hard boil an egg?
It should take approximately 12-15 minutes to cook hard boiled eggs.
Do you need to pierce the eggs before cooking?
Yes. You are supplied with a measuring cup that also has sharp point on then end that you use to pierce the egg.
How many eggs can you poach at once?
You are supplied with 2 poaching cups, so you can poach two eggs at the same time.
How easy is it to clean?
The reservoir that holds the water during the cooking cycle has a non-stick coating, which makes it really easy to clean, even if you live in a hard water area.
What is the Voltage?
Does the cooker Boil the eggs?
The cooker uses steam to cook the eggs so you get consistent results every time.
The KRUPS F2307051 Egg Cooker is compact, attractive, simple to operate, easy to clean, and incredibly accurate. And you can’t miss the buzzer when its done. Use this cooker to boil up to seven eggs from soft, to medium, to hard.
If you want to find out more about the F2307 including instructions such as how much water to use you can find the information in the KRUPS egg cooker manual. If you have lost the manual it can easily be found on the manufacturers website www.krupsusa.com/f230-egg-cooker.
If you found this review useful you may be interested in reading our updated review on the Egg Genie Electric Egg Cooker.