KRUPS Egg Cooker F23070 Review
Krups Egg Cooker Review: If you and your family enjoy eating eggs then the speed and convenience of using the KRUPS F23070 cooker makes it a contender for your kitchen. This unit also comes highly recommended from its users.
KRUPS appliances are always pleasing to the eye at this cooker is a great addition to their range. The modern, stylish appearance and compact design could make the F23070 a permanent fixture on your worktop.
The Krups F2307051 Egg Cooker has a calibrated water-level indicator that allows you to pour the exact amount of water needed. A Signal indicates end of cooking cycle so eggs are not overcooked. Cleaning the appliance could not be easier as both the Lid and egg holder are dishwasher safe for quick clean up.
The F2307051 has a Dual switch to easily alternate between boiling and the keep warm setting. To cool eggs quickly before serving it comes with a removable egg holder.
It is great at cooking perfect eggs; either hard boiled or poached. Built to be compact the cooker does not take up much counter top space and has a modern design.
If your not a fan of boiled eggs then those of you who prefer poached eggs will be glad that you have the option to poach up to 2 eggs at a time using the supplied tray.
A great design feature is the handle on the side of the appliance. When the buzzer sounds, you will easily be able to pick up the cooker using the handle and move the hot eggs to the faucet and cool them by running them under cold water, so you do not risk burning your hands.
- Boils up to seven eggs – The reasonable capacity of this cooker means you can easily prepare eggs for a small family breakfast.
- Two poaching trays – The plastic inserts for poaching eggs work great and eggs come out easily once cooked.
- Water level indicator – Easily use the correct amount of water needed to get the consistency you enjoy by using the convenient water level indicator.
- Dual switch – Use the dual switch to keep eggs warm once they are cooked so they are still warm when your serving them to eat.
- Timer – You no longer have to continuously watch a pan of boiling water so you can get on with other work, you just have to wait for the timer to alert to the end of the cooking cycle.
- Egg Piercer – Easily pierce the eggs using the supplied piercer instead of trying to use a knife.
Customer Reviews and Score
Jennifer Williamson, Amazon Customer Review
“I bought this egg cooker so my husband could have his favorite breakfast for his first fathers day, eggs Benedict. He was so excited. They turned out great! He now uses the cooker in the morning to poach eggs. I like it for hard-boiled eggs. They turn out perfect, no green yolks!
“The poaching cups are a little odd being oval so your poached eggs are long and thinner than what you would expect, but it really doesn’t bother us. I love how small the unit is and how the cord wraps around the base. It was a great price and is just perfect! “
D Kaley, Amazon Customer Review
“I love hard boiled eggs. I used the poached trays once and they did a perfect job. This thing does what it’s meant to do. I like the loud buzzer people complain about- are they napping while the eggs are cooking? If that’s the only complaint, they won’t be happy with anything. I’m buying another one for my mom. She still boils eggs in a pan!“
Amerileira, Amazon Customer Review
“I figured I was being pretty frivolous, getting an egg cooker, of all things. However, this is a WONDERFUL gadget! It cooks the eggs perfectly, however you like them. I always had trouble getting them just right in a pan.
I can walk away & do something else because when it is finished it has a LOUD buzz that doesn’t stop until you turn it off. The poached eggs are good too, and the dishes are so easy to clean! This is well worth every penny if you like boiled or poached eggs.”
Krups Egg Cooker: How to Use
KRUPS Egg Cooker Instructions
Before you start cooking, ensure you have everything you need. In the box you should have the egg cooker, 2 poaching trays, egg tray and measuring cylinder.
Boiling Eggs Instructions
Ensure you use the egg cooking tray when boiling the eggs (the tray is picture below)
- Plug the power cord into the power socket.
- Removed the lid and egg cooking tray.
- Using the supplied measuring cylinder, measure the amount of water you want base on whether your cooking soft, medium or hard boiled eggs.
- Pour the measured water into the base.
- When placing the tray onto the base ensure the handle on the tray aligns with the handle on the base. They should fit snugly together.
- Before you place the eggs into the tray you will need to pierce the narrow side of each egg. You can use the piercing tip on the base of the measuring cylinder to do this. Ensure you place the pierced side of the egg towards the lid of the cooker.
- Place the lid onto the cooker.
- Use the dial on the front of the unit to switch it on.
- A buzzer will sound when the eggs are cooked.
- Before removing the eggs ensure the cooker is turned off.
For extra safety the power cord wraps around the base so ensure you do this when you are finished cooking.
Frequently Asked Questions
More information: KRUPS Egg Cooker Manual, Parts
If you want to find out more about the using the F2307 such as how much water to use you can find the information in the KRUPS egg cooker manual. For more information about the manual and replacement parts visit the manufacturers website www.krupsusa.com/f230-egg-cooker.
Other Egg Cookers
If you found this review useful you may be interested in reading our updated Egg Genie Electric Egg Cooker review.