Cuisinart Egg Cooker CEC-10 Review
Home » Counter Top Egg Cooker Reviews » Cuisinart CEC-10 Egg Central Egg Cooker Review
Features and Design
- Cooks 10 eggs – Cooks 10 eggs in shells to a hard, medium or soft consistency with the 600-watt heater.
- Poaching Tray – Poaching tray with 4-egg capacity and omelet tray with 3-egg capacity.
- Measuring Cup – Cooker includes a 180 ml measuring cup with piercing pin.
- Cord Storage – Built-in cord storage allows for easy cleanup.
- Easy to clean – The base is constructed from stainless steel so is easy to clean after use, try to use distilled water when cleaning the base.
A standout feature of this cooker is how it makes use of its innovative two-tiered cooking system to cook ten eggs at the same time. SAVING you precious time.
Like similar kitchen appliances a user will be able to cook eggs to a hard, medium or soft consistency. The Cuisinart Egg Cooker is supplied with removable trays that have been designed to poach eggs and make omelettes. The Cooking cycle time is controlled precisely by the level of water added to the unit.
Using the supplied measuring beaker you can fill the cooker to the appropriate level and the pour water into cooking plate. To guard against overcooking the Cuisinart egg central cec-10 has a built-in LED light, audible alert, and standby mode.
Cuisinart Egg Cooker Instructions
When you open the box you should have the cooker base, an egg tray, omelette tray, measuring cup, poaching tray and a lid. The measuring cup comes with markings on the side related to they type of eggs your cooking from soft boiled to omelettes. Make sure you don’t lose the measuring cup. On the base of the up is a small piercing.
- Plug the power cord into a power point.
- Using the measuring cup fill the base with the required amount of water to cook the eggs you would like.
- Place the egg cooking tray onto the base.
- Now its time to get the eggs ready. Using the piercing tip on the base of the measuring cup pierce the eggs on the narrowest side.
- Place the eggs into the holders on the tray, ensuring the pierced side of the eggs are facing upwards. The tray can hold seven eggs. If you want to cook 10 eggs, at this point you will have to use the second egg base picture below, it will sit on top of the first seven eggs.
- Place the lid onto the cooker.
- On the front of the cooker you will find an on/off switch. Turn the cooker on and when you hear the buzzer the eggs will be cooked.
When poaching eggs ensure you use some non stick oil before loading the eggs into the tray to ensure they come out easier at the end of the cooking cycle. When poaching or cooking omelettes the individual trays will sit on top the egg cooking tray that can hold seven eggs.
User Reviews and Opinion
Most users are very pleased with the Cuisinart CEC-10 Egg cooker. Users say that it cooks poached eggs perfectly, every time. They also like the fact that the unit comes with handles that you can use to lift the lid without getting burned. Users love the fact that this cooker is easy to clean once a cooking cycle has finished.
This is a fun and practical gadget
ChessPickle, Amazon Customer Review
“For people who love eggs everyday but have limited time. This is a fun and practical gadget. Easy to use, easy to clean. Follow the very simple instructions…SERIOUSLY! If it says use cold water, use it! If it says to position the egg a certain way, do it! Then the eggs will be perfect every time!!
The only rule I am lax on is the distilled water. I have water stains in the unit, but I don’t care. Stay near the unit. When the alarm sounds you need to turn it off and open it…otherwise your eggs just keep cooking simply from the trapped steam. The paper towel cleanup of the unit is what really does it for me. 4 perfect poached eggs in 9 min and wipe clean…so efficient.”
Makes the perfect poached, soft and hard boiled eggs
Marianne, Amazon Customer Review
“Makes the perfect poached, soft and hard boiled eggs. We really like this egg cooker. I have had other brands in the past and was disappointed, but this cute little egg shaped Cuisinart works like a charm. Cooks up to 10 hard boiled eggs at once but takes up very little counter space.”
Love this thing!!!! Great buy!!
Jame Nothcutt, Amazon Customer Review
“This is so much better than the older style egg boilers. They make perfect eggs every single time. 10 eggs. Perfection. The omelette maker is amazing. The poached eggs are beautiful. Our grandson made 20 eggs & tried to eat them all so he could make more. Love this thing!!!! Great buy!! It would be an awesome gift.
Frequently Asked Questions
Video – How to Use the Cuisinart Egg Cooker
More information: Cuisinart Egg Cooker Manual, Parts
A manual should come within the box and will include the cuisinart egg cooker assembly and operating instructions. If you have misplaced the manual you can download one from the manufacturers website using the following link https://www.cuisinart.com/share/pdf/manuals/cec-10.pdf